Description: Antique print, titled: ‘Laala by Compagnies Sagoe-Bosch, Loehoe en de Fortres Overburg, het dorp Saway.’ – A triple view, of Laala on the peninsula Hoamoal, Fort Overburg near Luhu, and the village Saway. These places are all on the Indonesian island Ambon. From the monumental: ‘Oud en Nieuw Oost-Indiën …’ by François Valentyn / Valentijn, published in 1724-1726. VOC.
Artists and Engravers: Made by an anonymous engraver after ‘F. Ottens’. FrederikOttens (active first half 18th c.) was a draughtsman, etcher and engraver.
- Date: 1726
- Technic: Engraving and etching on hand laid (verge) paper.
- Overall size: 16,7 x 13,9 inch
- Image size: 15,2 x 12 inch
- Condition: Very good, given age. Original folds, as issued. General age-related toning and/or occasional minor defects from handling. Please study scan carefully.
- PartNumber: PCT-51145
- Storage Location: (BG) A212-01