Description: Antique print, titled: ‘Boero – Amblauw (…).’ – Detailed map of the Island Ambelau and Buru, Maluku Islands, Indonesia, by Francois Valentyn. With an inset of the lake on the Buru mountains.
From: ‘Oud en Nieuw Oost-Indiën’ by Francois Valentyn, published 1726.
Artists and Engravers: Made by ‘Francois Valentijn’ after an anonymous artist. Francois Valentijn (1666-1727), was a Dutch missionary, worked at Amboina from 1684 to 1694 and 1705 to 1713 and traveled extensively in the VOC’s lands.
- Date: 1726
- Technic: Engraving / etching with hand colouring on hand laid (verge) paper.
- Overall size: 16,8 x 13,7 inch
- Image size: 15 x 11,8 inch
- Condition: Good, given age. Original folds as issued. General age-related toning and/or occasional minor defects from handling. Please study scan carefully.
- PartNumber: PCT-59192
- Storage Location: BG-Iscra-B12-47