Description: Antique print, titled: ‘Kaarte van de Schans gemaakt door den E. Capitein Bintang. Kaarte van de Vesting op Rembang. ‘ – A plan of the fort constructed by the Captain E. Bintang, in the Banyumas region of Java, Indonesia. A second plan of the Fortress of Rembang. From the monumental: ‘Oud en Nieuw Oost-Indiën …’ by François Valentyn / Valentijn, published in 1724-1726. VOC.
Artists and Engravers: Made by an anonymous engraver after ‘François Valentijn’. The author François Valentijn (1666-1727), was a Dutch missionary, worked at Amboina from 1684 to 1694 and 1705 to 1713 and traveled extensively in the VOC’s lands.
- Date: 1726
- Technic: Engraving and etching on hand laid (verge) paper.
- Overall size: 8,1 x 13,2 inch
- Image size: 7,1 x 12 inch
- Condition: Good, given age. Three tiny holes, closed using contemporary paper backed with acid free archival tape. General age-related toning and/or occasional minor defects from handling. Please study scan carefully.
- PartNumber: PCT-51164
- Storage Location: (BG) A212-17