Description: Antique print, titled: ‘Prospect der Stadt Damiat.’ – Tab VIII. View of the city of Damietta, Egypt. From ‘Reisebeschreibung von Arabien und anderen umliegenden Landern (1774-1778). Carsten Niebuhr (1733-1815) travelled extensively in Arabia, Persia, Palestine and Asia Minor, and became by his descriptions and maps and the richness of his observations the pioneer of a more profound knowledge of the Orient.
Artists and Engravers: Made by G. Haas after Baurenfeind. Author: Carsten Niebuhr.
- Date: 1774
- Technic: Handcoloured engraving on hand laid paper.
- Overall size: 16,6 x 10,5 inch
- Image size: 15,6 x 7 inch
- Condition: Very good, given age. Original middle fold, as issued. A tear in the middle fold, reinforced on the rear. Some soiling in the margins. A stain in the lower margin (left and right of the middle fold). General age-related toning and/or occasional minor defects from handling. Please study scan carefully.
- PartNumber: PCT-56665
- Storage Location: BG-A1-35
- Price: 224,5 Euro / 264 USD / 3.836.000 IDR